[OTR Announce] Over the Rhine Update - New Album - Christmas Tour - More

OTRAnnounce at overtherhine.com OTRAnnounce at overtherhine.com
Sun Nov 28 22:17:08 EST 2004

FROM KARIN & LINFORD:

Hello fellow travelers,

It's a rainy November Saturday night in Ohio. Big moon last night behind
naked oak branches. Roaring fire in our back yard under crisp star-sprinkled
sky. Tonight, cold and wet outside, so we sit in a warmly lit kitchen. And
wouldn't you know, we're listening to our new record. Giving it a spin
before it gets sent off for final mastering on Tuesday. We realized in the
last few days that it's called 'BORN'.

We had been sketching and writing off and on for much of the year. Turns out
we started recording for real on election day, and finished mixing on
Thanksgiving Eve. A relaxed record made at home in this wooden house we call
the Grey Ghost. Upright bass. Piano. Acoustic guitars. A few horns. A few
subtle textures. A voice.

Karin and I stayed home more this year and felt the water in the well rise.
We felt the seasons change close to home. There's a lot of love on this one.

Over the Rhine | BORN is set to be released March 29, 2005 on Virgin/Back
Porch Records.

1. I Want You To Be My Love
2. Born
3. Drunkard's Prayer
4. Bluer
5. Spark
6. Hush Now (Stella's Tarantella)
7. Lookin' Forward
8. Little Did I Know
9. Who Will Guard The Door
10. Firefly
11. My Funny Valentine

***

We were driving the other evening and Karin said, Look at the sky: Winter is
wrestling with Autumn.

And it went on for a few hours. A looming large moon. A circus of white
clouds parading toward the horizon. A dark storm shadowing us a few fields
over out the driver's side window.

Winter won and stomped its foot and said, I'm here to stay. It spit snow on
Thanksgiving day. The hats and scarves and gloves have come out of hiding,
which means it's time for us to bundle up once again and take our suitcases
full of December songs on the road. Candlelit stages.
Come-in-out-of-the-cold evenings together. Mulled wine, cigar smoke,
laughter, love and all its possibilities, rosy girls with half-filled
notebooks, boys with songs up their sleeves, music for sale, we wake up
dreaming.

Dig out the crumpled up road map. Select a few close companions. Come find
us. Say hello. It's not the same without you.

Over the Rhine | DECEMBER 2004 TOUR DATES

Thursday, Dec 2 Pittsburgh, PA    The World
Friday, Dec 3 Columbus, OH    Little Brothers
Saturday, Dec 4 Akron, OH    The Lime Spider
Sunday, Dec 5 Ann Arbor, MI    The Ark
                     *
Tuesday, Dec 7 Madison, WI     Luther's Blues
                     *
Thursday, Dec 9 Grand Rapids, MI    Calvin College Fine Arts Center
Friday, Dec 10 Indianapolis, IN    Birdy's
Saturday, Dec 11 Cincinnati, OH      The Taft (Our Annual Homecoming Show.)
                     *
Monday, Dec 13  OFF! (Karin's Birthday)
Tuesday, Dec 14 Lexington, KY         The Dame
                     *
Friday, Dec 17 Chicago, IL     Schubas
Saturday, Dec 18 Chicago, IL     Schubas

Check out overtherhine.com for more info.

***

Spread a little universe of music this Christmas:

Over the Rhine: Till We Have Faces (The band is born.)
Over the Rhine: Patience (The band gets signed to its first record deal.)
Over the Rhine: Eve (The band turns up the volume.)
Over the Rhine: Good Dog Bad Dog (The band grows up.)
Over the Rhine: The Darkest Night Of The Year (The band revisits a childhood
Christmas.)
Over the Rhine: Besides (The band raids its broom closet for overlooked
goodies.)
Over the Rhine: Amateur Shortwave Radio (The band celebrates 10 years of
touring and survival.)
Over the Rhine: Films For Radio (A densely cinematic song cycle that wins
the band an international following.)
Over the Rhine: The Cutting Room Floor (The band opens its sketchbook.)
Over the Rhine: OHIO (The band reveals its roots and accidentally makes a
double album.)
Over the Rhine 'Live' | Changes Come (The band documents a cathartic
concert.)
Over the Rhine: BORN (Coming March 29, 2005 on Virgin/Back Porch. Bare-boned
songs blossom in our very own living room.)

Solo:
Linford Detweiler: I Don't Think There's No Need To Bring Nothin'
Linford Detweiler: Grey Ghost Stories
Linford Detweiler: Unspoken Requests

Visit overtherhine.com for holiday specials. (Thanks to the fine folks at
Paste for the great job they do fulfilling all of your orders.)

***

Feel like getting to know others who have discovered our music? Go to
overtherhine.com and visit The Orchard, our on-line forum.

***

Well, it's been a rewarding journey. Thanks for your support and
companionship along the way. We have learned much. We have many wonderful
memories. You all have our wishes for a truly blessed holiday season.

Godspeed,

Linford and Karin

ps Our office is currently an unmanned spaceship, and we've had our heads
buried in our new songs. We apologize--we're pretty far behind on
correspondence. If you've been waiting for a bit of info or a sign of life,
we hope to get caught up in the next several days before we leave for tour.
Thanks for your patience. See you soon.