[OTR Announce] Over the Rhine Dates and More

Announcement list for the band Over The Rhine otrannounce at overtherhine.com
Thu Nov 27 16:36:18 EST 2008

Hello friends,

Happy Thanksgiving from sunny Southern Ohio. I tried writing
this on the porch swing, but it’s just a little too chilly around the edges.
This is our last day on the farm before Over the Rhine’s Snow Angels Tour 2008
commences on the West Coast. We had four beautiful deer grazing in the front
yard this morning. The two frisky yearlings were trying to get the older ones
to play, but they were too watchful. The bluejays were curious. An illuminated
cardinal absorbed and reflected sunlight from the top of a bare maple, an
anonymous beacon, the tip of God’s paintbrush.

There are little surprises from time to time, but things get
a little bleak, monochromatic out here when all the leaves come down in the
fall. But then again, it’s revealing to see the structure of things underneath,
the dark skeletal silhouettes of familiar trees, bare branches veined against
billowing skies.

The land rests in the winter after the harvest, and we come
here to our little farm to rest.

But come tomorrow morning we’ll be flying to the city of
Seattle and points beyond, and we love to feel that energy too. Someone said
that the story of the peaceable Kingdom of God starts in a garden, and ends in
a city. We’ve come to appreciate and need both.

I know of no better time of year to convene in warmly lit
rooms for real music. There’s something about b
undling in out of the cold and
the dark of these late Fall evenings, and gathering together with friends and
strangers alike for the simple grace of a song sung from the heart.

What we
really need this time of year is music.

We are thankful that we’ve been given the privelege of
making music for coming right up on 20 years now. We’re glad we’ve found each
other. We couldn’t have done it without the generous spirit of so many of you  – some of you
found the music in recent years, some of you found it years ago. Regardless we
hope to see many of your faces once again in the coming weeks. Let’s lift a
glass of something good together.

Please share this info freely with family and friends.
Details (and much more) available at OvertheRhine.com.

Lookin’ forward,

Linford and Karin and the band and crew

OVER THE RHINE SNOW ANGELS TOUR 2008

WEST COAST LEG:

(With Special Guest Jim Bianco)

(SOLD OUT) Saturday, November  29, Seattle, WA, THE TRIPLE DOOR

(SOLD OUT) Sunday, November 30, Seattle, WA, THE TRIPLE DOOR

(We love this venue, and we always look forward to visiting
Seattle, but these shows have been sold out now for weeks. Easy road trip
anyone? Please consider joining us in Portland at the beautiful Aladdin
Theater, or in Klamath Falls at the beautiful20Ross Ragland Theater. We don’t
wanna miss you.)

Monday, December 1, Portland, OR, ALADDIN THEATER

Tuesday, December 2, Klamath Falls, OR, ROSS RAGLAND THEATER

Thursday, December 4, San Francisco, CA, SLIM’S (***Please
note the venue change. This is a full-circle night for us as we played Slim’s
on our first ever national tour opening for Adrian Belew. We’ll catch The
Fillmore some other time. Please spread the word, and we hope to see you for what
promises to be a cathartic, electric evening.)

(Friday, December 5: Happy Birthday Juicy!)

Saturday, December 6, Los Angeles, CA, TROUBADOUR (Our first
appearance at this storied club once frequented by Tom Waits and so many
others. Sure hope you and yours can join us.)

(Sunday, December 7, Pasadena, CA, Private show.)

+++

A FEW MIDWESTERN DATES:

(With Special Guest Jim Bianco)

Friday, December 12, Louisville, KY, BOMHARD THEATER (We are
excited to return to this lovely venue in Louisville, one of our new favorites.
Please note we will also be performing this same Friday on WFPK for their “Live
Lunch” at noon. Join us if you can or tune in online at WFPK.org.)

Saturday, December 13, Chicago, IL, DOUBLE DOOR (Happy
Birthday Karin! Another evening that promises to be highly energized as we all
squeeze in out of the cold of one of Chicago’s grea
t neighborhoods. Come early
and do some exploring or get some shopping done. And get your tix soon: they
are going fast. Lookin’ forward!)

+++

And finally:

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL PIECE OF HEARTACHE

A SPECIAL TWENTIETH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION

TWO NIGHTS. TWO DECADES. TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SHOWS.

Friday, December 19, Cincinnati, OH, THE TAFT THEATER
(Original bandmembers Ric Hordinski and Brian Kelley (along with Jake Bradley,
Mickey Grimm, Kenny Hutson, Julie Lee, Kim Taylor, and Paul Patterson) join us
as we revisit quintessential OtR songs from  the first decade of the band’s existence. We’ll
explore/explode songs from Till We Have Faces, Patience, Eve, Good Dog Bad Dog
and The Darkest Night of the Year (and more). We’ve been rehearsing with Ric
and Brian, and this is shaping up to be a very special night. If you enjoyed
the band back in the early days at Sudsy Malone’s and far beyond, this is a
not-to-be-missed evening.)

Saturday, December 20, Cincinnati, OH, THE TAFT THEATER
(Night two finds us along with Jake Bradley, Mickey Grimm, Kenny Hutson, Julie
Lee, Kim Taylor and Nick Radina, rolling out favorites from Films For Radio,
OHIO, Drunkard’s Prayer, The Trumpet Child, Snow Angels (and more). These
annual holiday shows are something we look forward to all year, and this year
promises to be memorable. Hope to see you!)

Sunday, December 21,
Norwood, OH, ST. ELIZABETH’S –  Over the Rhine’s Sunday Soiree: Join us
in a ragged cathedral for festive food and drink, relaxed conversation and
careening acoustic tunes as we celebrate the end of our working year together
with our extended musical family (you). And bring the whole family. (Tix
available at OvertheRhine.com)

(PS For those who have e-mailed asking,  Why no Christmas show this year in
Philly, Nashville, Kent etc. etc. !!!, we had to spread the December love to
the West Coast for once. In the meanwhile, please join us if you dare for the
big weekend in Cincinnati. We’ll do our darndest to give you the OtR feast of a
lifetime over the course of three days. Hope you can join us.)

PPS Karin cooked our Thanksgiving meal a few days ago since
we’re leaving first thing in the morning. Ask her sometime about her homemade
stuffing with roasted chestnuts and figs. Thank God for leftovers.