[OTR Announce] This Friday, Sept 11, Over the Rhine at Coney Island

Announcement list for the band Over The Rhine otrannounce at overtherhine.com
Thu Sep 10 12:18:56 EDT 2009

Hi all,

We’ve been having gorgeous early fall weather in Ohio.

We were exchanging a few notes with author Sara Zarr recently when she
sent this little gift of a paragraph through:

This book is a lot about the realization everyone gets at some point in
their lives that the world is broken, and we don't know how to fix it,
and the longing we all have for it to be set right - and the ways we
fumble when we're trying to work out where to put that longing. So many
of your songs are about that, too (for me).

**

So on a day when we're losing the plot, and need to hit the reset
button, we sometimes just change it to:

Our music is about the realization everyone gets at some point in their
lives that the world is broken, and we don't know how to fix it, and
the longing we all have for it to be set right - and the ways we fumble
when we're trying to work out where to put that longing.

That’s enough to keep us interested.

How’s this for a segue:

This Friday, September 11, join Over the Rhine in concert, and we’ll
pool our collective longing, and try to make a beautiful place for it.

Here’s the dirt:

This Friday, September 11, Over the Rhine in Concert, at beautiful
Moonlight Gardens, at Coney Island, Cincinnati, Ohio, just a stones
throw from the Ohio River. Doors open at 7pm. Showtime: 8pm.

We’ll be
playing two sets with the full band – reeling right through
the heart of our repertoire – many of the songs we’ve recently played
 from Cleveland to Albuquerque to Boulder and back again. Kim Taylor
will be stepping in from time to time to sing harmonies.

We hope to see you there.

More soon and xo from Nowhere,

Linford and Karin

ps And tonight, Thursday, September 10, Karin performs the songs
Professional Daydreamer and Ohio with the Cincinnati Ballet at a
special fundraiser for the ballet called NEW WORKS. Tickets:
513.621.5282 or cincinnatiballet.com.