[OTR Announce] Over the Rhine Tour Kicks Off

Announcement list for the band Over The Rhine otrannounce at overtherhine.com
Sun Nov 29 15:21:31 EST 2009

Greetings from the Cincinnati airport,

We fly to Philly this afternoon and kick off our tour this Monday.

Gather a group of dear ones. Select a fine hat and scarf for the
evening. Share a meal and some stories together and then come on out
and hear some tunes brim full of Midwestern soul. We hope to see you!

OtR

**

OVER THE RHINE in CONCERT

November 30, Monday, Philadelphia, PA, WORLD CAFÉ (Special guest, Lucy
Wainwright Roche)
December 1, Tuesday, New York City, NY, HIGHLINE BALLROOM (Special
guest, Lucy Wainwright Roche)

December 2, Wednesday, Tarrytown, NY, TARRYTOWN MUSIC HALL (Co-Headline
with Vienna Teng)
December 4, Friday, Boston, MA, BERKLEE PERFORMANCE CENTER (Co-Headline
with Vienna Teng)
December 5, Saturday, Old Saybrook, CT, KATHARINE HEPBURN CULTURAL ARTS
CENTER (Co-Headline with Vienna Teng)
December 6, Sunday, Albany, NY, THE EGG (Co-Headline with Vienna Teng)
December 8, Tuesday, Washington, DC, THE SYNAGOGUE (Co-Headline with
Vienna Teng)

MIDWEST:
December 10, Thursday, Kent, OH, KENT STAGE (Special guest, Lucy
Wainwright Roche)
December 11, Friday, Ann Arbor, MI, THE ARK (Special guest, Lucy
Wainwright Roche)
December 12, Saturday, Chicago, IL, OLD TOWN SCHOOL OF FOLK MUSIC (TWO
SHOWS, 7pm and 10pm!) (Special guest, Lucy Wainwright Roche)

December 19, Saturday, Cincinnati, OH, THE TAFT THEATRE, Over the
Rhine’s annual holiday homecoming concert. Tickets on sale now at
OvertheRhine.com, Taft Theatre Box Office, Ticketmaster etc! Since it’s
still our 20th Anniversary, we’re going to settle in for the evening
and play two extended sets of music. Hope you can join us!

December 20, Sunday Soiree, Cincinnati, OH, ST. ELIZABETH’S IN NORWOOD:

Karin and Linford would like to invite you to join Over the Rhine on
Sunday, December 20th at 3pm at St. Elizabeth's, 1757 Mills Ave.,
Norwood, Ohio, 45212, for a holiday gathering featuring an acoustic
performance, some spoken word, some conversation and of course some
festive food and drink. (This gathering takes place the day after our
Taft Theatre holiday homecoming concert, as we bask in the afterglow so
to speak.)

OvertheRhine.com for details and much more.

**

Here are a couple of recent notes from the OtR mail bag. We are honored
that our music can be a small connection to home for some. Let’s not
forget the many who serve so far away during this holiday season…

Peace, and may Godspeed you all safely home asap.

L&K

**

Linford and Karen,

11:03 PM, Kabul Afghanistan.  First Thanksgiving away from my bride and
many babies.  I just finished my annual Thanksgiving tradition of an
uninterrupted listen of "Darkest Night of the Year" to get me ready for
this Advent season.  I thank you for making a record so profound that
it is a part of my life and that, for a moment, brought me home to my
family again.  Thank you for all you do and all you mean to me.
Thanksgiving this year is thankfulness for the two of you, for your
muse and for the chance to sit cross-legged on the floor with the woman
I love and listen to you play for us at the church last year in
Cincinnati.  And most of all for a disc that changes my life for an
hour or so every year.

Many blessings to you both.

With love,
Mike Dahlstrom

**

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: FOUO

Linford,
I wanted to take a moment to thank you for the letters you post.  I am
serving a one-year tour in Afghanistan and my wife Mel, who is a big OTR
fan and actually turned me on to your music, sends me your letters as
they come out.  What I like about them, and the reason I felt compelled
to write you this note, is the sense of home they create.  Your poetic
descriptions of the Ohio countryside and your farm allow me to visualize
the setting, and provide me with a little piece of Americana in the
midst this harsh and violent environment in which I currently reside.
So as I spend Thanksgiving in Kandahar, and think about all the things
for which I am thankful: my good fortune to have been born in America,
my family, my health; I will add to the list your music and the letters
you write.  They bring a little bit of home to a faraway place and I
wanted to say thanks.

Mel and I have seen you a couple of times at the Birchmere in DC, and I
think Mel is planning to try to see you guys again at the Synagogue in a
few weeks.  Wish I could be there too.

Take care, travel safe, have a good thanksgiving and fun Christmas!

Cheers,
dan

COL Daniel L. Hampton
Commander, Regional Support Team-South
NATO Training Mission-Afghanistan (NTM-A)
Kandahar Airfield