[OTR Announce] Over the Rhine: The Long Surrender Tour & more!

Announcement list for the band Over The Rhine otrannounce at overtherhine.com
Wed Apr 6 11:21:33 EDT 2011

Dear extended musical family,

Hello from Ann Arbor. It has truly been an amazing tour.
We’ve been leaning into The Long Surrender like a favorite dancing
partner,
taking our time with these new songs, and of course pulling a few older
ones out of the hat.
Thanks a million to all of you warm, breathing, swaying, lively, lovely
people
who filled the rooms along the way.

We are on our way to Milwaukee today, and we have four concerts
remaining on this run.
The red ribbon of the finish line is in sight. Please spread the word,
conspire with a few prized companions and come find us if you dare.
It’s not the same without you.

THE LONG SURRENDER TOUR

Thursday, April 7, Milwaukee, WI, Turner Hall
Friday, April 8, Chicago, IL, Lincoln Hall
Saturday, April 9, Madison, WI, Majestic Theater
Sunday, April 10, Minneapolis, MN, Cedar Cultural Center

Very special guest for all shows: Lucy Wainwright Roche

Our thanks to the fine band that we currently have on the road:

Nick Radina on cuatro, nylon string, electric guitar and percussion
Jason Goforth on lap steel, pedal steel, and harmonica orchestra
Tim Luntzel on upright bass (our thanks to Rosanne Cash for loaning him
to us)
Tommy Perkinson on drum kit

And to our fantastic crew:

Tour manager and guitar tech: JP Scott
Front of house sound engineer: Michael Larcey
Merch madness and more: Greer Barton
Documentarian, merch, social media: Bill Ivester

We are still hopeful that we can travel to Japan later this month.

AND we have a very special weekend coming up with The Cincinnati
Ballet.
Three different choreographers have choreographed Over the Rhine songs
from Ohio, Drunkard’s Prayer, The Trumpet Child and The Long Surrender,
and we’ll be performing live with the dancers for three performances
in the beautiful Aronoff Center in Cincinnati.

Folks, this one might be worth a road trip.

OVER THE RHINE AND THE CINCINNATI BALLET PRESENT:
INFAMOUS LOVE SONGS

Friday, April 29, Cincinnati, OH, Aronoff Center
Saturday, April 30, Cincinnati, OH, Aronoff Center (Matinee and evening
performance)

We have more dates coming up in May, and don’t forget about our train
trip
that we have planned for September with Mary Gauthier and Richard
Shindell.
More details on all at overtherhine.com…

Finally, as part of our fundraising campaign last summer,
we played Good Dog Bad Dog from tip to toe in front of a small,
generous audience at Ric Hordinski’s beautiful Monastery Studio.
That concert has been mixed and mastered by the always amazing Paul
Mahern
and is now available for download:

http://overtherhine.portmerch.com/stores/home.php?cat=325

Drop us a note at otrhine at aol.com if you wish.
We love hearing from you even if we aren’t always able to respond.

Follow the tour in real time on facebook...

Well, time to roll.

Peace like a river, love like an ocean,

Linford and Karin