[OTR Announce] Over the Rhine: Hello From Ohio

Announcement list for the band Over The Rhine otrannounce at overtherhine.com
Wed Sep 21 08:54:14 EDT 2011

Dear friends,

The hummingbirds are history.

Karin tends her feeders all summer and the porch thrumscontinuously. And then one day in September, they vanish.

The wild asters are finally blooming: the last flower ofsummer.

And the field of golden rod is alive with honeybees. Youwalk a mown path and the whole world hums in a dream of honey.

Geese have been flying overhead. Crows gather along theedges and seem to enjoy their ability to cuss out everything.

Summer is slipping away.

And we too, yet again, have packed our bags full of songsand love notes to the imperfect world, and we are setting out to find – you?

Please do join us if you can for a little “heartbreak andlaughter, the joy and the tears, the scary beauty of what’s right here…”

Maybe we need each other more than ever.

Peace like a river, love like an ocean,

Linford and Karin of Over the Rhine

The Long Surrender – Over the Rhine Fall Tour Dates

SEPT 22 – 29 TRAIN TRIP, ABQ, DURANGO, SILVERTON, SANTA FEETC ETC.

Note: the following two shows are open to the public:

SEPT 22 – ALBUQUERQUE, NM w/Mary Gauthier and RichardShindell
SEPT 23 – DURANGO, CO w/Mary Gauthier and Richard Shindell

OCT 2  – HARDLYSTRICTLY BLUEGRASS FESTIVAL, San Francisco
OCT 4 – The State Room, SLC, UT
OCT 6, 7 – The Soiled Dove, DENVER, CO Two nights!

SUPPORTING LUCINDA WILLIAMS:
OCT 8 – Billy Bob’s, FORT WORTH, TX
OCT 9 – Warehouse Live, HOUSTON, TX
OCT 11 – Juanita’s, LITTLE ROCK, AR
OCT 12 – The Pageant, ST. LOUIS, MO

+++
More OtR Headline shows:
OCT 27 – Club Café, PITTSBURGH, PA
OCT 28 – Malone College, CANTON, OH
OCT 29 –  C2GMusic Hall, FORT WAYNE, IN

NOV 5 – Bomhard Theater, LOUISVILLE, KY

NOV 11 – EMERY THEATER BENEFIT CONCERT, CINCINNATI, OH (Moreinfo TBA soon!) (11/11/11)

WEST COAST!

NOV 13 – El Rey, LOS ANGELES, CA
NOV 15 – Great American Music Hall, SAN FRANCISCO, CA
NOV 17 – Aladdin Theater, PORTLAND, OR
NOV 18 – 20, The Triple Door, SEATTLE, WA (THREE SHOWS)

CHRISTMAS TOUR:

DEC 2 – Berklee, BOSTON,
DEC 3 – Le Poisson Rouge, NYC
DEC 4 – The Birchmere, DC
DEC 5 – World Café Live, PHILLY, PA

DEC 7 – The Lincoln Theater, COLUMBUS, OH
DEC 8 – Kent Stage, KENT, OH
DEC 9 – Calvin College, GRAND RAPIDS, MI
DEC 10 – Old Town School of Folk, CHICAGO (Two shows! Earlyand late.)

DEC 17 – The Taft Theater, CINCINNATI, OH (Tickets on salesoon!)
DEC 18 – St. E’s, Sunday Soiree with fans, CINCINNATI, OH(More details very soon!)

Orphaned believers, skeptical dreamers, you’re welcome. Youcan stay right here. You don’t have to go…