[OTR Announce] New Over the Rhine CD: THE LONG SURRENDER

Announcement list for the band Over The Rhine otrannounce at overtherhine.com
Sun Dec 5 17:10:21 EST 2010

Hello friends,

I’m sitting in an Irish Pub in Ann Arbor, Michigan. I can hear the
distant hum and roar of Sunday football up by the bar, but I found a
quiet corner in the back near the fireplace, which is crackling
happily. Strands of white Christmas lights are strung above the stone
hearth. A few families are tucked into booths nearby still having late
Sunday lunch. But I sit alone with my keyboard and write this letter,
and I’m happy for the solitude.

And lo! My bowl of hot chili arrives with some hearty looking Irish
bread and butter on the side. All is well indeed.

Wanted to take a moment and pass along the latest:

OVER THE RHINE’S DECEMBER TOUR

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, we are on the road. This is my
favorite time of the year to tour. I don’t know, there’s something
about the dark evenings, the snow flurries, the breath from warm lungs
making ghosts in the night air, people coming in out of the cold and
peeling off scarves and hats in search of a soulful song – it all
works, it’s all in the wheelhouse of our calling.

And we’ve tried once again to rise to the occasion. We’ve got an
exhilarating 6-piece band that we get to lean into every night. There
are 11 of us touring together at present (band and crew) all in the
interest of making a memorable evening of music worth leaving home for.
It’s a deeply communal enterprise, which thanks to you, continues to
somehow thrive. (Thanks to all of you who have found us so far on this
run.)

Please check out overtherhine.com for details on upcoming shows in
Columbus, Louisville, Chicago and a very special three-day weekend
(December 17-19) in our hometown of Cincinnati. We hope to see you.

OVER THE RHINE’S NEW RECORD: THE LONG SURRENDER

Over the Rhine’s new record, THE LONG SURRENDER, produced by Joe Henry,
has arrived and is available NOW exclusively at overtherhine.com.

Whenever a new CD arrives for the very first time, it’s always a
pregnant moment: all of a sudden, there’s no turning back.

So we opened up a box and lifted one out with a certain degree of
nervous anticipation: Wow. They are beautiful.

Friends, it’s for real. We didn’t just dream the whole thing.
WE MADE A RECORD!

Order your copy of THE LONG SURRENDER, and you can download all the
songs immediately. And if you’re still checking off your gift list,
please consider picking up some extra copies for friends or family. We
will ship them to you pronto. (If you already pre-ordered, they are
already in the mail.)

Thanks for all the lovely feedback so far. We’ve been having a great
time airing out songs from THE LONG SURRENDER on this latest tour. Rave
on.

OVER THE RHINE HOLIDAY CD’s: THE DARKEST NIGHT OF THE YEAR/SNOW ANGELS

Don’t forget that we’ve recorded two Christmas CD’s that hopefully can
put more than a little warmth into a room this time of year. Strings of
lights above the bed, curtains drawn and a glass of red… we’re gonna
pull through.

OTHER OVER THE RHINE TREATS:

Again, if you’re still looking for some unique gifts for loved ones,
don’t forget about our fab Over the Rhine blend fresh-roasted coffee,
The Trumpet Child Songbooks, collectible posters, playful OtR tees—they
are all available at overtherhine.com…

Well, we want to thank you again for the part you play in this ongoing
conversation. We are grateful.

As my wife still likes to say: Without you, we’d be homeless.

Alright.

They will soon be calling me to the piano at The Ark for soundcheck
this evening. I better run along for now. With any luck, later tonight
we’ll walk on stage, the room will lift off the ground, float up into
the sky, blow apart, and we’ll discover we have a nice new view of
things.

Peace like a river, love like an ocean,

Linford and Karin

PS Please share these words freely with all, orphaned believers,
skeptical dreamers etc etc.